EVS (European Voluntary Service) is an international voluntary programme financed by the European Commission that allows legal European residents from 18 to 30 years old to take part in an international voluntary experience in an organisation or public entity from Europe and the Euro-Mediterranean or Caucasian countries, from two weeks to twelve months of duration. It is similar to the International Civil Service: it provides the refund of travel costs (until a maximum) and the complete coverage of life costs (board and lodging).
Thanks to its intercultural dimension and the non-formal approach, European Voluntary Service is a unique opportunity to come into contact with foreign cultures and to acquire new skills and abilities useful for personal and professional growth.
European Voluntary Service is based on the following principles:
- Increasing volunteer’s own skills through a practical foreign voluntary experience
- Facilitating the learning of another language
- Developing the ability to interact with people of a different language and culture
- Spreading tolerance within European Union youngsters
- Promoting active citizenship
- Supporting local communities’ development
At this moment, we host Marija, a Macedonian 24 year-old girl, thanks to the YES EVS project (Young European Soul in EVS). The project started in September 2016 and will last until September 2017. From October we will host two Spanish girls, Marina and María, thanks to the project EVS for Local Development.